Canadian Rockies Public Schools
Our schools are located throughout the quaint and majestic communities of Banff, Canmore and Exshaw, which are all part of what is named the Bow Valley. Our seven unique schools allow students to experience the western shoulder of Canada’s great Rocky Mountains and all the associated activities and beauty.
Being situated in the world famous Canadian Rockies allows us to invite all students to take full advantage of what the environments have to offer.
Creating a better world through transformational education that celebrates nature, diversity, and well-being.
Inspiring the hearts and minds of every student.
We believe student learning thrives when:
- The needs of students are recognized and come first.
- Each student's knowledge, skills, attributes and interests are identified and developed.
- The learning environment is physically and emotionally safe and secure.
- Opportunities are provided for challenge, discovery, action and reflection.
- Each school and the district as a whole function as a Professional Learning Community– engaged together in ongoing learning.
- Parents are well informed and have meaningful opportunities to participate in their child’s education.
- There are healthy connections between the schools and their communities.
- Relationships between the board, staff, students, and community model mutual respect and support