The coronavirus pandemic is reshaping education, changing our roles as educators, parents and students. What does continuity of education look like in these circumstances? Together, how do we collaborate to support student learning? What role does technology play? While there are challenges, there are also opportunities. The following resources are starting points for thinking critically and strategically about effective teaching and learning at home.
- Alberta Education Student Learning During COVID-19
- Get the Facts: Back to Class for 2020-21
- CRPS At Home Learning -Additional Parent Resouces
- Common Sense Media Resources for Parents
- Right from the Start Mental Health Support
- Screen Time in the Age of Coronavirus
- Four tips for managing your kids’ screen time from MediaSmarts.ca
- CIRA Canadian Shield - Free malware and phishing protection
Quick Tips for Home Learning Coaches from the EdTech Team
- Establish a dedicated work space for learning.
- Set up habits and routines with scheduling.
- Use timers to help with time management.
- Take brain breaks and move!
- Socialization is an important part of learning.
- Check that work is done thoroughly.
- As much as possible, ensure student use of CRPS account is for learning purposes.